Gathering Storm

Gathering Storm (Order of the Black Swan, #5)
Author: Victoria Danann

Author Website/Blog: http://www.victoriadanann.com

Publication Date: September 19, 2013

Summary: The fifth installment in the Black Swan serial saga. READING IN ORDER STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. That’s why we have a try-before-you-buy-program. The first book in the saga, My Familiar Stranger, is PermaFREE everywhere.

THE NEWSLETTER: Z Team, a.k.a Zed Company, is transferred to Jefferson Unit, which is being temporarily retired as an active hunter facility and converted to a research / training institution. Sol takes his first vacation – ever – leaving Glen in charge with Storm supervising. Rosie is proving to be an extraordinary little girl and Deliverance is in BIG trouble with her mother.

THE SURPRISES: Storm is really not himself. Former members of B Team must reunite to preserve his image and reputation. No one could have prepared for the surprises Rosie delivers, least of all Glen.

THE ADVENTURE: The Ralengclan send a second wave assassination team to Jefferson Unit at the worst possible time, when it’s been left defended by only Z Team, Glen, Elora, Sir Fennimore, and the trainees. (Source of Summary and Book Cover: Goodreads)

Source: Purchased


Rating: 5 Stars
Review: Another great book! I read it in less than 24 hours.
First of all, I LOVE Victoria’s writing. Her style is so unlike anything else I have read. She writes scenes in a way that make you feel what the characters are feeling. She is clever and quick-witted. 
There was lots of intense drama, I couldn’t believe some of the situations that my favorite characters found themselves in. Storm’s situation made me a bit sad. I loved getting to know Rosie and I am looking forward to more of her. There were also enough funny one-liners to keep things light – I literally laughed out loud several times. 
This book is a bit different from the others, there is a little less romance, but there is definitely something big simmering for future books. There is also lots of action, which I kept my heart racing.
I also loved the travels between dimensions in this book, I felt like it tied things back to the first book a little – like a reminder of how it all began.
Dates Read: September 21 - 22, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs