My Familiar Stranger

My Familiar Stranger (Order of the Black Swan, #1)
Author: Victoria Danann

Author Website/Blog: http://www.victoriadanann.com

Publication Date: April 21, 2012

Summary: A secret society, modern day knights, an accidental pilgrim from an alternate dimension, and a vampire like no other come together where chance intersects romance for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure, proving that true love can find you when you're least expecting it, in the strangest places, even when you're far, far from home.

Minutes ahead of inevitable assassination, Elora Laiken is forcibly transported to an alternate dimension similar, but not identical, to her own. She is stranded. Alone. Far from home. A stranger in a "strangish" land.

Of course a girl could suffer worse problems than having gorgeous suitors. Perhaps more importantly, in the midst of an epidemic of vampire related abductions, can she stay alive long enough to choose between an honor debt, true love, or the breathlessness of single-minded passion?

My Familiar Stranger is a full length, stand-alone, Paranormal Romance novel that also sets up the foundation for the Black Swan series. It is loved by fans of adult paranormal romance, fantasy romance, chick lit, and urban fantasy. (Source of Summary and Book Cover: Goodreads)


Source: Purchased

Rating: 5 Stars
Review: WOW! You have to read this!I absolutely devoured this book and loved every second of it! I literally stayed up until 4:30am to finish it. 
I picked this book up thinking that it was another teen vampire romance… but I was so wrong. First of all this is definitely a book for young adults… I’d say 18+. 
Things that I loved about this book: There is a little touch of science fiction with the travel between dimensions and parallel universes which is unlike anything else I have read. The paranormal aspect of the book fit well and was never overpowering. There is plenty of action, which kept me on the edge of my seat at some points. I am not into mushy romance novels, and while there is definitely some romance, the love triangle was excellently executed! The feelings develop at a reasonable pace and I felt myself going through a dramatic array of emotions as Elora worked through her feelings: happy, irritated, angry, sad, ecstatic, confused, ect.
This book can easily stand on its own and the reader is left with a sense of closure, but the author tactfully left a few loose ends that could easily develop into a series, which left me excited for more: a perfect balance if you ask me!
Dates Read: July 5 - 6 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs