2014 Challenge Recaps

During 2014, I participated in 5 different challenges. Here is a recap on my progress and successes.

Goodreads Reading Challenge

This year I set my Goodreads reading goal to 65 books because 2013 was hectic and I didn't get to meet my reading goal. I am happy that this year I exceeded my goal and read 75 books!

Love for Books Read-A-Thon
lfbreadathon

This Read-A-Thon challenge was hosted by Jessi at Novel Heartbeat and Amanda at Confessions of a Bookie Monster. My goal for this read-a-thon was to complete two books and I met this goal!

2014 Netgalley Challenge
The 2014 Netgalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge is hosted by Falling for YA and will (hopefully) give you the incentive to tackle your review books, stumble upon new ones, and get your Netgalley percentage to the desired 80%! My goal for this challenge was 25 books and to get my percentage to at least 80%. I read 20 books and my percentage is 100%, so I sort of met this goal.

Blog Ahead Challenge
The Blog Ahead Challenge, which is a bloggery version of NaNoWriMo. It's hosted by Herding Cats and Burning Soup. It runs from November 1-30th, 2014 and the basic goal is to get "ahead" in your blog posts. My goal for this challenge was 15 pre-scheduled posts, and I completed 21! 

Top Ten of 2014 Challenge
This week long event was hosted by Two Chicks on Books, Rachel from Fiktshun, Mindy from Magical Urban Fantasy Reads, Rachel from Reading YA Rocks and Nancy fromTales of a Ravenous Reader! The event wass simple. Follow the dates and list topics as provided. I completed 4 out of the 5 lists.

Overall, I'd say for my first year of blogging, I feel really good about the goals I set for myself and the progress I made toward meeting them.

What challenges did you participate in this year? Do you feel you were successful? Do you have any challenges you are looking forward to in 2015?

2 comments:

  1. Great work on all your challenges, especially your goodreads challenge!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings
    Enter my blog birthday giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I only did two challenges last year (Goodeads - read 188 of 150 yay! and a personal winter reading challenge - read 4 out of 5 books), and I thought I did well.

    Good luck to you this year!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs