1989 Book Tag


Charnell at Reviews from a Bookworm created this super fun Taylor Swift 1989 Book Tag in order to celebrate the new design of her blog. Since I had SO much fun at the 1989 concert, I decided to play along. So each category is a song from the album and then you match books to selected lyrics.

PSA - this tag was pretty challenging to complete, but really fun. Please feel free to play along, and make sure to Link-Up at Reviews from a Bookworm 

Welcome to New York
You can want who you want, boys and boys and girls and girls.

1. A book with LGBT themes

The Girl at Midnight (The Girl at Midnight, #1)


Blank Space
You can tell me when it's over if the high was worth the pain.

2. A book that hit you right in the feels... but was totally worth it.

Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2)

I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream.

3. A book that you hated but you loved the cover

Spelled

I've got a blank space baby and I'll write your name.

4. Your latest book boyfriend/girlfriend

Scarlet (Scarlet, #1)


Style
We never go out of style.

5. A timeless classic you love.

Ender's Game (The Ender Quintet, #1)


Out of the Woods
The rest of the world is black and white, but we were in screaming colour.

6. A book which had vivid world building.

Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1)

The monsters turned out to be just trees.

7. A book where things weren't exactly how they seemed.

The Fever


All You Had To Do Was Stay
You were all I wanted... but not like this.

8. A book you were eagerly anticipated, but ended up being disappointed by.

Up For Grabs


Shake It Off
The haters gonna hate
9. A book/series that everyone seems to love but you can't help but hate.

The Catcher in the Rye

10. A book/series you love but everyone else seems to hate.

Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1)


I Wish You Would
I wish you knew I'll never forget you as long as I live.

11. A book/series you know you will always love.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)

I wish you were right here, right now

12. An upcoming release you wish you could have right now!

Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4)


Bad Blood
Now we've got bad blood, you know it used to be mad love.

13. A character you once loved but grew to hate.

Divergent (Divergent, #1)

Did you have to do this, I was thinking that you could be trusted.Did you have to ruin what was shiny, now it's all rusted.

14. An author you haven't forgiven for the things they did to your favourite characters/books.

Lady Thief (Scarlet, #2)

Wildest Dreams
I can see the end as it begins.

15. A book that was far too predictable.

The Opposite of Maybe

Nothing lasts forever but this is getting good now.

16. A book/series that you wish could have gone on forever.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)


How You Get The Girl
That's how it works, that's how you get the girl.

17. One of your favourite books where they 'got the girl'

A Time of Reckoning (The Golden Key Legacy, #4)


This Love

In darkest screams, in wildest dreams, I never dreamed on this.

18. A book that completely shocked you.

The Winner's Crime (The Winner's Trilogy, #2)


I Know Places
Loves a fragile little flame it could burn out.

19. A book you thought you loved but quickly came to hate.

Hopeless (Hopeless, #1)

Something happens when everybody finds out.See the vultures circling dark clouds.

20. A book you didn't want to be seen reading.

Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game


Clean
The drought was the very worst, when the flowers that we'd grown together died of first.

21. When the wait between books made you forget everything that happened.

Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4)

By morning, gone was any trace of you, I think I am finally clean.

22. A book/series you wiped from your memory.
Allegiant (Divergent, #3)

7 comments:

  1. Love this post! I've got to agree about Harry Potter - no one wanted that series to end, though it will forever live on in people's hearts. Unlike Allegiant which I wish I could erase from my memory ahah

    Most recent post on Enchanted by YA: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.com/2015/08/review-fire-sermon-fire-sermon-1-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I think must of us agree the something went terribly wrong with Allegiant

      Delete
  2. Loved this! I'll definitely have to try it sometime. I definitely agree with you about the Divergent trilogy. It started out good but quickly deteriorated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right?! I loved Tris in the first book, and then I grew to hate her, and despite that I still hated the "twist" in Allegiant

      Delete
  3. I've got a couple tags I need to do, but have signed up for too many blitzes recently. I need to take a break from those and do some more fun things like this for awhile I think. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tags are definitely fun and I think they are a great way to discuss some books that we haven't talked about in a while

      Delete
  4. Doing this seems like so much fun, I love your picks! Taylor's songs + books is just a great match haha <3

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs